Glug Manchester #7
Glug is an evening of creative storytelling, and seeing ideas come to life. The guest speakers will share their experiences and inspire new ways of thinking. There will also be free pizza and drinks, if you weren’t already convinced!
Owen Harvey - Award winning photographer
Owen Harvey is an award-winning London-based photographer. With an interest in youth and subculture, his images often focus on the notion of individual identity and social groups. Owen’s work has been featured in Vogue Italia, i-D Magazine, British Journal of Photography and his client list includes BBC, Vogue, GQ Magazine, Wall St Journal and Farah Menswear.
In 2017, Owen was awarded the following:
• Royal Photographic Society U30 Gold Award. 2017
• Taylor Wessing Portraiture Prize. 2017
• Lensculture Portrait Award, Winner. 2017
• Flash Forward, Magenta Foundation Award. 2017
• British Journal of Photography, Send Anywhere Shortlist 2017
• Felix Schoeller Award, Shortlist. 2017
Olivia Downing - creative copywriter
Olivia Downing is an award-winning creative copywriter, and the founder of CIA: Chicks in Advertising. Previously having spent two years in Paris as a stand-up comedian, she’s now based in Manchester, dedicated to promoting and encouraging diversity within the creative industries, with a focus to improve the future of advertising.
In 2017, Olivia achieved the following:
• Winner of School of Thought 2017
• Established CIA: Chicks in Advertising, now with over 200 members
• Gave talks on diversity and creativity at Manchester Metropolitan University and The University of Salford
• Became a copywriting tutor and mentor on the Advertising BA (Hons) course at UCLAN
• Rising Star MPA award, shortlist 2017
Craig Black - graphic designer, lettering artist and typographer
Craig Black is a Scottish born graphic designer, lettering artist and typographer. Having spent the first few years of his career in leading design agencies in London gaining invaluable experience in various forms of design, he currently runs his own design studio in Glasgow, United Kingdom.
As well as running Craig Black Design, he is also the Lead Designer at Thirst Craft - The specialist drinks packaging design agency that builds creatively rare, commercially right, brands.
Known for his bespoke and innovative typographic illustrations, visual identities, packaging and installations. His strengths lie in his ability to cross disciplines without the effects of a fixed personal style. This versatility has offered him the opportunity to work on a varied mix of collaborations with local and international clients of all business backgrounds.
When? Thursday 8th February, 18:30pm - 22:00pm
Where? Cooper Hall, Sevendale House, 7 Dale St, M1 1JA
Tickets? £7, available now on the event page linked below.