Motion Designer / Video Editor
19/12/2017 | 23-25k | Manchester
A newly formed in-house creative agency has been created in Manchester. Working within a global retailer, this company have effectively decided to bring all of the design work in-house, creating a real opportunity for the business to transform their range of emerging brands into household names through insightful creative thinking and execution.
They are looking for a Motion Designer / Video Editor to join their expanding and progressive team. You will play your part in the creation of high quality video and animation content that showcases the companies brand and products in the best way possible.
You will have the chance to work with the Video Director and videographers in a supporting role, editing video footage, motion graphics and animation all the while creating and developing solutions for delivery that are fit for purpose and ensuring that all the video and motion outputs are in line with the brand ethos and convey the brands message and vision. A good knowledge of compositing video footage and colour grading is essential.
While creative problem solving you will need to maintain an understanding of how content is viewed, shared and promoted across social media and web while championing this in video and motion outputs. You will need to demonstrate best practice and the ability to evolve content and approach in line with feedback and analytics.
You'll be at the heart of product launching, advertising ideas across a wide range of categories ranging from sports equipment, beauty products, kitchen, DIY tools and various other products within a household.
Based in Manchester city centre, the company are growing fast, having already achieved multi-million pound turnover as well as won various awards to support these achievements. They have multiple brands across various different sectors of retail. You will be a key part in transforming these brands into household names.
You will need to have the following traits and experience:
- Degree in editing, animation and/or motion graphics
- Adobe Premiere, After Effects and preferably Audition as well Adobe Photoshop
- Experience and knowledge of video and audio techniques. Edit raw footage with the goal of creating well-paced, engaging and stimulating content
- Experience of colour grading
- Colour correction for visual impact and consistency
- Creative thinking, dynamic problem-solving and superior storytelling skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Desire to learn new techniques and contribute suggestions to improve the editing workflow
- An understanding of the channels in which video is used and ability to adapt outputs to suit
- Ideally experience in a similar environment/role
You will report to the Video Director and work as part of 7 strong creative team, its a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference and put this brand on the map.
You will need to apply with an up to date Showreel and CV if you feel that this position is just what youre looking for as the next step in your creative career.